Monday, November 13, 2023

One Woman's Serious Cautionary Word for Women of God


 One Woman's Serious Cautionary Word for Women of God
... and the godly judging of sexual abuse accusations in the world we now live


By 
Donna Diorio
Written Nov 6th on Facebook, posted here Nov 13, 2023

     Sometimes I think young people think they are the only ones who know anything about sexual abuse against women. They seem willing to condemn without evidence and based only on accusations.They have even invented a slogan for that: "Believe the Woman."  

Young people don't have to tell me how sexual abuse happens. I am a woman! I may be 72 now but I wasn't always. I had my fair share of sexual abuse incidents. But I am cautioning women and men who are called God's people that there must be evidence and/or a confession. Even multiple accusations are not enough to convict someone of sexual abuse in the world in which we live now.

That is because sexual accusations have become a political weapon to destroy the one targeted. All political weapons can easily be deployed in spiritual circles too. It has become an agenda driven weapon and there appears to be no court of law that is immune to being drawn into the agenda with the accuser if the target is agreed on "must be destroyed." If you don't recognize that from our current events over the last many years, you are unqualified to make a judgment on this even as a believer.

     One morning last week I awoke thinking of how well I know about sexual abuse incidents. These several happened to me between the age of 16 to 22 years old : 

-attempted date rape by 2 boys after being the 2nd girl to be taken home after a double date 

-attempted rape by an uncle when I was home sick alone one afternoon; 

-sexual abuse by our family doctor whose pelvic exams went beyond exam

-on the job sexual harassment on my first job at Dairy Queen when at closing the manager would turn the lights off and chase me around the work counter

-sexual pressure by my divorce lawyer - give him more money, or sex

     That gets me to 22 years old, but it was not the end: There was the new general manager on my favorite job ever who told me if I intended to stay on as editor, I would give him sexual pleasure. My editor's job was the decade of the 70's and there was no hyper-sensitive HR Dept to run to with complaints. There was only the beginning of people being awakened to the injustice of what has been going on against women for THOUSANDS of years. Being "sensitized" has gone far over board at this point.

    I am well aware that women are sexually targeted by men and have been since the Genesis 3:15. God's resolution of this is not the same as what the woke crowd have convinced everyone must happen when accusations of this sort are lodged against a man. 

     Women today have been handed a weapon that they feel entitled to use whether it is true of not because of the historic sexual abuse by men. The weapon of choice is false accusation of sexual abuse on the most minor of grounds. 

     If a man of any age looks at you with interest because you are the type he is attracted to: that is NOT sexual abuse! That is a normal human reaction. Also if you were flattered because you admired the person and flirted back, that is you giving mutual interest signals. 

     It reminds me how as Baby Boomer kids we ate dirt & our parents were not germophobes, freaking out that we were eating dirt. We didn't die, but we grew up with healthy immune systems. I think of the whole overblown sexual abuse situation that is established in our society in much the same way. That's because you know what I did in the date rape situation? I fought like hell and didn't let them rape me. Same thing I did with the pervert uncle. I quit my job at Dairy Queen, and quit my job at the magazine. 

    Just because you are young and someone tries to take advantage of you sexually doesn't mean you are some weak, feeble little girl who just gets abused and sent into emotional trauma until decades later when you decide to speak out accusations preferring to remain anonymous.

     Does sexual abuse try to define us? Yes, of course, but if we are walking with God, allowing His Holy Spirit to transform us, we have laid that abuse down - turned it over completely to God to judge.

     Not only that, but waiting decades to bring accusation should be a flashing yellow CAUTION light to all.

     Too many of the situations we have seen unfold in this country of sexual abuse accusations by a high profile man have been women with an agenda using accusation as a weapon. And that weapon of women has been used throughout history ...very often false accusations based on lies. 

     I do not trust anonymity of accusers. As believers, we of all people cannot have some woke kangaroo court decide such situations, but accusations should be judged by spiritual judges within faith circles.

     I do appeal to the Judge over all the earth to make HIS own swift verdict known and not allow this to linger over the body of Christ and over the prayer for Israel community demolishing every good thing that come through a leader giving himself to establish 24/7 prayer for Israel. 

     I pray that God will thunder from Heaven, letting His verdict be demonstrated, as 1 Samuel 2:10: "Those who oppose the LORD will be shattered. He will thunder from heaven against them. The LORD will judge the ends of the earth and will give power to His king. He will exalt the horn of His anointed."

No comments: