Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Full Picture


This picture was taken in late 2005 in Jerusalem next to the Church of All Nations in "the garden of Gethsemane". There is an olive grove behind a Jerusalem stone wall that may be opened to tourists. On the wall near the entry gate is the sign above, which if you have trouble reading it, says,

And the disciples forsook Him and fled.
Mark 14:50

Whoever is daily prepared to lose his life
will be faithful to Jesus in the time of
testing even at the cost of his life.

One of the most treasured things I personally know from experience about Yeshua is His willingness to restore lost sheep. I know this because He said to me what He said to Kefa/Peter in a dark night of the soul: "I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail; and you, when once you have turned again, strengthen your brothers."

This sign reminded me of that instance in my life, and I am glad the picture showed up in my desktop Slide Show today as a reminder once again. Times of testing will come, but if our faith does not fail, we will be made of greater use to our LORD.

No comments: